The Kids are back in School
What to watch out for now that the kids are back in school
Safe Driving and Awareness
- Always stop in either direction for stopped school busses and cross walks.
- Slow down in school zones.
- Check your blind spots often.
- Expect the unexpected, children may cross the street in the wrong place.
- Allow more time for travel, don’t be rushing.
- Don’t be distracted, put down the coffee and the cell phone and focus on the road.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Make sure you come to a complete stop at stop signs.
- Be predictable, stop slowly instead of slamming on the breaks, and always use your turn signal.
- Never pass a school bus when it’s lights are flashing.
- When a school bus is stopped and it’s lights are flashing, stay at least 20 meters back.
Keeping your Kids Safe
- Don’t let your young kids walk or ride to school alone.
- Make sure backpacks fit properly and are not too heavy (no more than 10-20% of the child’s weight).
- Pack healthy and nutritious lunches and snacks.
- Teach your kid how and when to ask for help about bullying.
Slogan of the Week
As soon as you see a mistake and don't fix it, It becomes your mistake
Picture of the Week
Another person that failed to understand the importance of the centre of gravity